About Me

My photo
I'm 57 and had M.E/CFS symptoms for as long as I can remember. Diagnosed 1988, as was my daughter, then aged just barely 11. Crafting has kept me sane through these many years and I've tried my hand at lots of things. Currently I'm cardmaking and crocheting,but also enjoy, drawing, writing poems, scrapbooking, making jewellery, fimo, needle felting, dressmaking...I could make a long list. As a dedicated Jehovah's Witness I also, naturally, have a keen interest in the Bible. See my projects on my CDAC Page http://priscillastyles.ning.com/profile/LINDAWESCOTT#?= as well as my crafting blog, link through badge below

Thursday 9 December 2010

Many years ago on a day like today.

My sweetpea is 33 today. I never worry about my age, it's never made any difference to me.......but sometimes my kids ages make me feel old lol. The secret to staying young at heart is not to look in the mirror longer than you have to...... much easier to forget what you look like if you've only had a glimpse.....so much easier to carry on deluding yourself that you are only 19, slim (and in my case blond lol). You do have to pretend photographs are really someone else though....I'm finding it easier to pretend they are my mother these days. 

It was my 5th wedding anniversary the day she was born, we never celebrated it ever again. While I'm reminiscing, here's a pic of me on my wedding day - 18yrs 5days old. What a baby, how little I knew that.
 That was my first husband, below is my last husband...

Here is most recent pic of me, and below that one of my Mom, maybe a few years younger than my 56yrs


One of Pea taken about a year before she became bedridden. Our little jack took it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lin!
    What a good idea, making a cathartic blog for the other side of your life. I enjoyed looking at your photos here. It looks like you've lost weight? You do look like your mom a litte. I was 18 when I married as well. You're right, such a baby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know, Jude, of Creative Inspirations (the DT I was on) also suffers with M.E.

    ReplyDelete

I'm out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...